MISSOURI WOMAN IN AGRICULTURE CONTEST
Deadline to enter July 7
1. Women may enter themselves, or may be nominated by a third party. All entrants must follow the contest rules and complete the application form available online at mostatefair.com/ag-contest with entries being accepted now through July 7, 2014.
2. Applicants must be Missouri women age 18 and over actively involved in agriculture. Full-time Missouri State Fair employees and current Missouri State Fair Commissioners are not eligible to apply.
3. There are two age categories for the contest: Women age 31+ will be eligible for the Missouri Woman in Agriculture Award, and women 18-30 will be eligible for the Missouri Woman in Agriculture Rising Star Award.
4. The winner from each division will receive a plaque and the opportunity to designate a non-profit agriculture-related cause (highlighted in the application) to receive a $1,000 donation in her name. One runner-up from each division will receive a plaque and be recognized. All entrants will receive a certificate and an invitation to a special tea hosted by Monsanto on Thursday, August 14, 2014.
5. By entering the contest, applicants agree to allow the Missouri State Fair to use all or portions of their entry for publicity purposes.
6. Each winner will be required to submit a photograph of herself for publicity purposes.
7. Each winner will be required to participate in designated activities Thursday, August 14, 2014, at the Missouri State Fair.
8. Please do not include unrequested documents with this application.
9. Complete applications must be received by the Missouri State Fair by 5 p.m., July 7, 2014. Applicants are encouraged to submit their typed entries electronically by emailing to email@example.com with the subject line “Missouri Woman in Agriculture Contest.” If the application cannot be submitted electronically, please mail to: Missouri Woman in Ag Contest, 2503 W. 16th St., Sedalia, MO 65301. Faxed entries will not be accepted. Applications received after 5 p.m., July 7, 2014, will not be considered.
10. Rules are subject to change.
11. Applicants may, but are not required, to include up to two letters of recommendation with entry.
12. Excel users – note that each page is a separate sheet – total of four sheets. To access each sheet page, click on the sheets named Contest Rules, Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3 at the bottom of your screen.
13. For questions about the application process, please contact the Fair by phone 1-800-422-FAIR (3247) or 660-530-5600, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Previous winners are not eligible to apply.