Women in Ag Contest
Apply or nominate your choice now for a chance to win $1,000 for an agriculture-related cause! Deadline to enter June 5!
- Women may enter themselves, or may be nominated by a third party. All entrants must follow the contest rules and complete the application form available online at mostatefair.com/ag-contest with entries being accepted now through June 5, 2015.
- Applicants must be Missouri women age 18 and over actively involved in agriculture. Full-time Missouri State Fair employees and current Missouri State Fair Commissioners are not eligible to apply.
- There are two age categories for the contest: Women age 31+ will be eligible for the Missouri Woman in Agriculture Award, and women 18-30 will be eligible for the Missouri Woman in Agriculture Rising Star Award.
- The winner from each division will receive a plaque and the opportunity to designate a non-profit agriculture-related cause (highlighted in the application) to receive a $1,000 donation in her name. One runner-up from each division will receive a plaque and be recognized. All entrants will receive a certificate and an invitation to a special tea hosted by Monsanto on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015.
- By entering the contest, applicants agree to allow the Missouri State Fair to use all or portions of their entry for publicity purposes.
- Each winner will be required to submit a photograph of herself for publicity purposes.
- Each winner will be required to participate in designated activities Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015 at the Missouri State Fair.
- Please do not include unrequested documents with this application.
- Complete applications must be received by the Missouri State Fair by 5 p.m., June 5, 2015. Applicants are encouraged to submit their typed entries electronically by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Missouri Woman in Agriculture Contest.” If the application cannot be submitted electronically, please mail to: Missouri Woman in Agriculture Contest, 2503 W. 16th St., Sedalia, MO 65301. Faxed entries will not be accepted. Applications received after 5 p.m., June 5, 2015, will not be considered.
- Rules are subject to change.
- Applicants may, but are not required, to include up to two letters of recommendation with entry.
- For questions about the application process, please contact the Fair by phone 1-800-422-FAIR (3247) or 660-530-5600, or by email email@example.com.
- 2013 & 2014 Woman in Agriculture First Place Winners are not eligible to apply. Previous applicants and second place winners are eligible to apply in 2015.
Download 2015 Missouri Woman in Agriculture Contest Application