Public Campground and
The Public Campground Opens Aug 6 by 9 a.m.
Location: West of the fairgrounds on Clarendon Road
Size: 60-acre campground
Capacity: More than 1,100 electrical (no 110-volt receptacles), water and sewer hook-ups and over two hundred 50/30/20 amp outlets. All types of camping units are accommodated, including tents.
- Three sewage waste dump stations
- Shower facilities
- Pedestrian underpass located near the campground exit connects the campground to the fairgrounds. Fair Admission will be charged to those entering the fairgrounds via the tunnel. Wristbands are available with regular Fair admission to allow convenient access between the campground and fairgrounds throughout the day.
Long-Term Public Camping – Reservations no longer available.
Public Campground Pricing
Major credit cards accepted at Public Campgrounds
Unreserved spot rental $20 per day (per vehicle/tent)
Campground Rules and Regulations:
1) Campground is open 24 hours each day.
2) Check out time is 8:00 p.m.
3) Pay for entire stay as you enter.
4) Campsite selection is your choice.
5) Cash and major credit cards accepted.
6) No refunds.
7) Use tunnel as exit to enter fairgrounds.
8) Campground is patrolled by Missouri State Highway Patrol and State Fair Security.
9) The Fair does not necessarily provide ample space for evacuation for all patrons should the campgrounds be at capacity.
10) Upon final departure all permits are to be returned to the personnel at the exit gate.
1) A maximum of two visitor permits will be issued in a 24-hour period. Permits will not be issued in consecutive order.
2) Visitors must have permit to enter or exit campground- permit must be attached to left side of windshield at all times.
3) Visitors will be charged a fee of up to the daily camping rate on stays of more than the allowed two hours.
4) Visitors must park in designated areas.
Rules and Regulations
1) Campground’s speed limit is 5 MPH.
2) Camping permits must be attached to lower left side of windshield at all times.
3) Exit and re-entry allowed only with permit attached to windshield.
4) Transfer of permit from one vehicle to another is not allowed.
5) A copy of the camping permit must be maintained in the RV at all times and must be presented upon exiting the campground.
6) Campers and tow or towed vehicles must be parked in line making the best use of space, electric and water connections.
7) Reserving or holding campsites is not permitted.
8) Quiet hours will be observed from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. All minors must be at their own site at quiet hours. All radios, stereos, and all other audio equipment must be turned down during this time. No loud music is permitted to be played or broadcast at any time
9) No campfires.
10) An adequate fire lane must be maintained at all times.
11) No person under the age of 21 shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages within the campground. Anyone who possesses or consumes alcoholic beverages must provide identification and proof of age upon request.
12) Responsible adult(s) will be held liable for any vandalism by minor children and will be required to pay for any damages.
13) Firearms, paint guns, fireworks, explosives and weapons are prohibited and will result in the loss of camping privileges.
14) All persons shall comply with all lawful instructions of the campgrounds staff or any police/security officer.
15) All vehicles must exit through exit gate and enter at entrance gate.
16) Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses.
17) Only one electrical outlet per camp-site allowed.
18) In the event electrical circuits are overloaded, Missouri State Fair management reserves the right to curtail electrical service during exceptional demand periods.
19) Golf cars only (no ATVs or UTVs) may be operated in the campgrounds with adherence to the Fair’s policy.
20) Pets must stay inside paid camping area and be on a leash at all times. Be kind and clean up after your pet.
21) All holding tanks must be dumped at dump station, not on ground.
22) No vendors allowed except by contract with the Missouri State Fair.
23) Please leave your campsite as clean as you found it. Place trash into trash containers.
24) No swimming pools of any type are allowed in the campground.
25) Handicapped parking must have a permit visible at all times.
26) No tents in hook-ups without permits for that tent.Permits must be inside tent.
27) Your camping home, awning, tent, EZ-up, materials, etc. must be within the marked off and paid campsite.
28) Management reserves the right to make necessary changes in the rules and regulations to be in the best interest of the campground and to be in compliance with federal, state and local laws. Anyone refusing to abide by the rules and regulations or creating a disturbance will be asked to leave without refund. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
*Absolutely no coolers with alcoholic beverages will be allowed within the inner gates of the fairgrounds.
**No refunds. All problems regarding camping or fees must be directed to the campground office, located in the entrance booth on the north side of the public campground.
Have questions? Contact Us!