$2 TUESDAY TO BENEFIT FEEDING MISSOURI AT THE 2018 MISSOURI STATE FAIR
Opening Day of the 2018 Missouri State Fair is a little less than a month away! We’re excited to tell you about a new promotion offered in 2018 – Tuesday, August 14 is Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive $2 Tuesday. With a minimum donation of 2 cans of food you can receive $2 admission to the State Fair – that’s a heck of a deal!
In addition to discounted admission, $2 Tuesday also offers $2 carnival rides, for most rides, all day, and special $2 deals from select concessions and vendors, all day.
The $2 Tuesday promotion supports the Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive, now in its eighth year at the Missouri State Fair, and the Drive to Feed Kids initiative. The event coincides with the Missouri FFA Food Insecurity Service Day where 650 Missouri FFA youth are expected on grounds this day to package meals for kids in need. Their goal is to pack 100,000 child-friendly meals to be distributed to the six different food banks located across Missouri. You can learn more about how you can support the Drive and help combat childhood food insecurity in our state at mofarmerscare.com/drive.
Tuesday, August 14 will also feature the 2018 Can Creation Contest, sponsored by Woods Supermarket. Starting at 11 am in the Agriculture Building, teams of agriculture youth will have 2 hours to build a sculpture out of cans. The sculptures will remain on display for the duration of the Fair in the Agriculture Building. All of the cans, donated by Woods Supermarket, will be added to the food drive efforts and distributed to food banks following the Fair.
Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive $2 Tuesday is just one of the many events coming to the Fair this year and you don’t want to miss out! Mark your calendars for August 9-19 to “Come Home” for the 2018 Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, MO. Learn more >>>
BRING THE KIDS FOR SOME FAIR FUN
The Missouri State Fair offers many events just for kids! There’s nothing like the look of excitement on a little one’s face as they experience all the fun the State Fair has to offer!
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the great entertainment offered for our littlest fairgoers:
- The Family Fun Center, sponsored by Children’s Trust Fund, is designed with the youngest fairgoers in mind. It offers lots of creative play and interactive activities for kids ages infant to 8-years-old. Families with young children are also welcome to use the baby feeding and changing areas provided with supplies donated by Walmart.
- Hedrick’s Educational Petting Zoo, sponsored by Sam’s Club, offers a safe, educational, and entertaining experience for children of all ages to learn about exotic animals up close!
- The Children’s Barnyard gives kids a chance to see a wide variety of farm animals raised by 4-H and FFA members. Feed for the Barnyard is provided by Kent.
- Barnyard Story Time, sponsored by CFM Insurance, will be held outside the Children’s Barnyard daily. 4-H and FFA youth exhibitors will be sharing their favorite agricultural story books with young fairgoers.
- The Kid Zone features the Kids Stage, sponsored by your local McDonald’s, and offers special performances and daily Kids Contests at 2 p.m. A free playground is located in the Kids Zone where kids can climb, slide, and run around!
There’s lots of great opportunities for kids at the Missouri State Fair! Visit Just for Kids on the Fair’s website for more information.
FREE ENTERTAINMENT: THE AMAZING ANASTASINI CIRCUS
The Amazing Anastasini Circus, sponsored by MFA Incorporated, will return to thrill audiences at the 2018 Missouri State Fair with three shows daily in the Circus Tent, north of the Carnival Midway Entrance.
These world class entertainers have been delighting audiences all over the globe since 1877. They are renowned for their performances packed with the epitome of professionalism, spontaneity, charm and elegance. The Anastasini ancestry has continued to raise the bar in the presentation of quality entertainment for eight generations. Talented predecessors have inspired the current generation of Anastasinis to deliver even more precision, originality and skill in their thrilling contemporary versions.
Make plans to grab a seat under the big top and let the Anastasinis entertain you and your family during your 2018 State Fair visit!