Published: July 27, 2018
Come Home For Camping
The Missouri State Fair’s public campground, sponsored by Missouri State Parks, is set to open by 9 am, Thursday, Aug. 2. The 60-acre campground is located west of the fairgrounds on Clarendon Road. Unreserved spot rental is $25 per day, per vehicle/unit. There are more than 1,100 electrical, water and sewer hook-ups, as well as over two hundred 50/30/20 amp outlets available to those wishing to stay in the campground. All types of camping units are accommodated, including tents. Other amenities include three sewage waste dump stations, restrooms, shower facilities and free Wi-Fi, provided by Otelco. Visit the Fair’s website for more information, including golf cart and ATV policies.
Public Camping Line Up Process:
The public campground will open by 9 am on Thursday, Aug. 2.
- The public camping line up process will not start any earlier than the morning of Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- A fee of $10 per night may be collected by campground staff for those units choosing to line up prior to the campground opening the morning of Aug. 2.
- Campers MUST enter the fairgrounds at the Centennial Gate, or Gate 12, located on 65 Highway which will open by 7 am, Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- Starting then, campground staff will line up campers and start going through the line to issue permits in numerical order.
- Permits will be given to camping units only (motor homes or vehicles pulling campers); other vehicles (without campers) lining up to save a space will not be issued a camping permit.
- Payment may be cash or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express) Credit card payments will be charged 2% plus $0.50 service charge.
- No campers may be left in the line-up area unattended.
- The public campground will open by 9 am, Thursday, Aug. 2, and campers will be accepted in the order of their permit number.
Please note – No early line up will be allowed and no early permits will be distributed. Line up permits will be issued starting the morning of Wednesday, Aug. 1. In the interest of public safety, the Missouri State Fair reserves the right to start allowing campers into the public campground prior to 9 am, Thursday Aug. 2, in the order of their permit number.
Join us for the Final Weekend at the Missouri State Fair
Although the 116th Missouri State Fair is coming to a close, the deals and entertainment aren’t! You won’t want to miss out on these exciting discounts and events! Join us Saturday, Aug. 18, for Youth in Agriculture Day, sponsored by the Missouri Department of Agriculture. $1 off adult gate admission will be offered with coupons available at all Missouri County Extension offices. Specials for youth, age 12 and under, at select concessions and vendors will also be available.
The Sale of Champions, one of the Fair’s largest agricultural events, will be held in the Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall starting at 1:30 pm. The Sale of Champions is a special auction that recognizes the accomplishments of 12 young agriculturalists and their livestock projects: Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion steers, barrows, lambs, meat goats, pen of chickens, and pen of rabbits from 4-H and FFA livestock shows. Check out some other highlights of the day:
- Missouri Wine 101 Class- Noon, Missouri Wine Tent
- Hillbilly Rockstarz- 2 & 6 pm, Budweiser Stage
- Missouri State Fair Idol Contest Semi-Final Rounds Sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, 4 pm, Budweiser Stage
- Draft Horse Hitches- 6 pm, Mathewson Exhibition Center, Title sponsored by Toyota
- Cole Swindell with Raelynn- 7:30 pm, Pepsi Grandstand
- Bull Riding Competition- 8 pm, State Fair Arena, Sponsored by Husqvarna
- Dirt Road Addiction- 9 pm, Budweiser Stage
Come Home for our Fair Finale/Half Price Day, Sponsored by MC Power Companies. Deals for today include $5 gate admission all day, age 13 and over, and $1 gate admission for age 6-12. There will also be half price specials at select concessions and vendors. Here are a few more highlights for the final day of the Fair:
- Pedal Pull- 10 am, Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall
- Draft Horse Hitches, including 8-horse hitch class- 1 pm, Mathewson Exhibition Center, Title sponsored by Toyota
- Missouri Fiddling Championships- 1:30 pm, Touchstone Stage
- Demolition Derby- 2 pm, State Fair Arena, Sponsored by Husqvarna
- Missouri State Fair Idol Contest Final Round Sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA- 2 pm, Budweiser Stage
- Full Moon Band- 4 pm, Budweiser Stage
ASCS National Sprint Car & ULMA Late Model Races- 6 pm Hot Laps, 7 pm Heat Races, Pepsi Grandstand
2018 Missouri State Fair Sponsors