Entry Deadline Approaching
The Missouri State Fair is just 48 days away! We hope you will consider checking out all of the awesome contests and livestock shows available to enter. Important deadlines for entry forms are coming up.
- June 21: Fine Arts: Missouri Top 50
- June 28: Society Horse Show
- July 1: 4-H/FFA and Open Livestock Entries
- July 15: Queen Contest
- July 19: Agriculture: Country Hams
- July 19: Fine Arts: Amateur/Professional Division, Missouri Junior 50, Photography, and Porcelain
- July 19: Home Economics: Foods, Household Arts and Preservation
- July 25: Equine: Draft Horses, Draft Horses Pull, Pony Pull, Gypsy Horses
- July 25: Miscellaneous: Opening Day Parade, by 5 p.m.
- July 31: Agriculture: Dairy Products
- July 31: Miscellaneous: Barbecue Contest
For more information on the rules and regulations for entry in the 2019 Missouri State Fair, visit the online Premium Guide.
As the barns begin to open for the 2019 Missouri State Fair, we’re sharing a new list of new shows coming to the Fair. One new featured show is the 4-H/FFA Dairy Cattle Steer Show. This show will take place at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 15, in the MFA Arena. Cattle competing in this show will be shown together by their breed and judged at their carcass value. The cattle must be entered online by July 1. For a complete listing of the rules and classes for this show, visit the online Premium Guide.
- 4-H/FFA Poultry—Large Fowl—Black Cooper Maran and Jubilee Orpington
- Open Meat Goat Carcass Show
- Open Poultry Bantam Chickens – Modern Game – Silver Blue Modern Game, Large Fowl—Continental – Barnevelder
- Open Rabbits – 3 additional new classes added in 2019
- Bothwell Regional Health Center’s “Sugar Free Baked Cookie Contest”
- Chocolate Pound Cake Contest, all ages, sponsored by Starline Brass
- “Dress Your Dog” Cooking Contest
- Household Arts— Garment, Accessories, Home Décor, Woven Item, and Any Other Item incorporating hand spun
- Missouri Beef Council “Sirloin” Recipe Contest
- Missouri First Lady’s Pie Contest, sponsored by Starline Brass and Missouri Grown
- My Favorite Baked Bar Cookie, 8 – 18 years of age
- “Not Your Ordinary Cole Slaw” Contest, sponsored by Starline Brass
For more information about what’s new in State Fair competitions, visit our website.