Published: August 3, 2018
Check out What’s New at the 2018 Missouri State Fair
There are many exciting and NEW things happening at the 2018 Missouri State Fair. Check out some of the new items below:
NEW! Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive $2 Tuesday with canned food donations to benefit Feeding Missouri
- $2 admission with minimum donation of 2 cans of food, age 13+
- $2 carnival rides most rides, all day
- $2 specials at select concessions & vendors
BARTHOLOMULE COMES HOME IN 2018
- Fair icon and mascot, BARTholomule, will make his return to the 2018 Missouri State Fair
- Look for Bart strolling the fairgrounds daily. Be sure to get your picture with him and hashtag #BartHasOurHeart on social media.
- Team Big Air – Extreme Basketball Show
- The Everly Set – a tribute to the Everly Brothers
- Kazual – A Capella group
- Mike Walker – Impressionist
- Michael Goudeau – Juggler
- Mr. Stinky Feet – Kids Entertainer
- Randy Kalin – Kids Magician
SIX NIGHTS OF FIREWORKS, sponsored by Bryant Motors. Following concerts (weather permitting) on Aug 9, 10, 11, 15, 17, 18.
FOUR NEW PHOTO STATIONS, sponsored by Central Bank. Featuring fun Fair scenes that will make for a great photo opp for the entire family! Upload your pic and use the hashtag #MSFPhotoStation.
FOUR NEW SOLAR CELL PHONE CHARGING STATIONS, sponsored by MC Power. Across the fairgrounds for use during the Fair and year-round.
NEW AGRICULTURE TRADING CARDS, sponsored by CFM Insurance. A new fun way to learn about agriculture. Look for trading card distribution locations across the fairgrounds.
FREE TRAM RIDES FOR ALL AGES ON MONDAY, AUGUST 13, courtesy of Missouri Soybean Merchandising Council, made possible by Missouri soybean farmers and their checkoff
More opportunities to WIN TICKETS AND FREE STUFF through social media
- Missouri Grown Trivia Challenge, sponsored by AgriMissouri/Missouri Grown
- Find the Toyota Tundra, sponsored by Kansas City Area Toyota Dealers Merchandising Council.
- Selfie Spots, sponsored by Casey’s General Stores
MORE FACEBOOK LIVES throughout the Fair, sponsored by Callis, marketing partner of the State Fair.
2018 COOKBOOK – featuring award-winning recipes from the 2016 & 2017 Fairs. Available for purchase for $12 in the Home Economics Building during the Fair. Makes a great collectible!
- Coliseum – new exterior paint and windows, remodeled restrooms, replacement and repair of terra cotta and replacement of asphalt shingle roof.
- West Campground – 500 sites upgraded to 50/30/20 amp service, 324 new water risers and 2 new sewer lift stations.
- Womans Building – new roof, new windows, new front porch, new flooring on first floor, new doors and hardware, repair/repainting of exterior trim and moldings, updated ADA restrooms, and tuck pointing.
- Swine Barn – new bleachers, new show ring and new office.
- Swine Barn House – the house on the south side of the Swine Barn was removed at the end of June and the parking has been expanded in that area.
See What’s Happening Before the Fair
Your Missouri State Fair Staff, vendors, sponsors and volunteers are working hard to set up for the 2018 Missouri State Fair. Go check out our Flickr page for updated pictures on the set up for the 2018 Fair!