Women In Agriculture
Missouri State Fair Celebrates
Women in Agriculture Winners
Results have been announced for the Missouri State Fair’s Women in Ag Contest, sponsored by Monsanto. We are honored to name two very qualified women, ASHLEY BAUER and DR. LINDA HICKAM. During the Missouri State Fair, Monsanto will be presenting a check for $1,000 to the non-profit organizations named by each recipient.
Ashley Bauer of Warrenton received the 2015 Missouri Woman in Agriculture Rising Star Award. Ashley is a senior at William Woods University studying Business Administration and Equine General Studies. She is an alumna of the Country Crossroads 4-H Club and the Warren County FFA Chapter, in which she showed horses. Ashley has been involved in the Missouri State Fair as an exhibitor and served as the 2013 Missouri State Fair Queen. In 2014, she was awarded a resolution from Rep. Bart Korman of the 42nd District in honor of her accomplishments in leadership at both William Woods University and the Missouri State Fair. She says, “Agriculture has shaped me into a strong and hardworking woman. It has molded my goals and helped me map out my future.” Ashley frequently volunteers at the TREE House of Greater St. Louis and has chosen it as her agriculture-related beneficiary of the $1,000 donation sponsored by Monsanto.
Dr. Linda Hickam of Thompson received the 2015 Missouri Woman in Agriculture Award. Dr. Hickam has served as the State Veterinarian and Animal Health Division Director in Missouri since 2011, and has also held the roles of State Epidemiologist and Deputy State Veterinarian within the Department of Agriculture. She has served on the Veterinary Medical Licensing Board, was President of The North Central United States Animal Health Association and received the honor of Junior Advisor of the Year for the National Junior Association. She has been active in the Missouri State Fair for many years as an exhibitor, advisor to the Junior Charolais Association, and now as the State Veterinarian. She believes that, “It is important to help encourage the younger generation to enjoy livestock and agriculture.” Dr. Hickam chose the Junior Charolais Association as the agriculture related beneficiary of the $1,000 donation sponsored by Monsanto.
FREE Gate Admission For All Women Any Age
Shopping – Hundred of Vendors
Missouri Travel Council A Celebration of Women Trade Show
Free Wine & Beer Tasting
Casting Crowns with I Am They Concert
Faces on Missouri Women in Agriculture Photo Tribute Display
In front of the Womans Building
Photo Tribute Display in acknowledgement of the important contributions women have made to our state’s leading industry. Diverse representation of photographs submitted by Missourans depicting Missouri women participating in agriculture.
Missouri Travel Council Presents A Celebration of Women Trade Show
Booths will be offering the best girlfriend retreats, spa packages and special events available in Missouri
Missouri Wine and Missouri Craft Beer Sampling
4 pm – 5:30 pm
Free wristbands available starting at 11 am at MTC Booth in Assembly Hall, while supplies last.
Visit these Missouri Vendors
Bodyworks Day Spa- Sedalia
Camden on the Lake
Cape Girardeau CVB
City of Independence
City of Hermann
Columbia MO CVB
Greater St. Charles CVB
Highway 36 Heritage Alliance
Jefferson City CVB
Lake of the Ozarks CVB
Old Trails Regional Tourism
Pony Express Museum
Pulaski Country Tourism Bureau
Rolla Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center
Sight and Sound Theatres
Stone Hill Winery
Washington Area Chamber of Commerce
Sign Up To Win Great Giveaways From These Vendors:
- Bodyworks Day Spa – Sedalia – “Best of Bodyworks” Gift Package valued at $175
- Camden on the Lake – One night stay in a Lakeview Grand Suite with a $50 credit to Spa 54 located at Camden on the Lake Resort.
- Cape Girardeau CVB – Basket of goodies
- Columbia, MO CVB – Columbia blanket and insulated lunch tote full of Columbia goodies.
- Greater St. Charles CVB – Picnic/Wine Tote filled with items from St. Charles with lodging and other gift certificates – Value over $200
- Highway 36 Corridor – “Genius Basket”
- Jefferson City CVB – Ghost Tour and History Tour Tickets with Missouri State Penitentiary T-shirts
- Lake of the Ozarks CVB – Lake of the Ozarks Package valued at $350
- Mothers Shrine – Complimentary name on the Mothers’ Wall of Life at the Mothers shrine – value $350
- Old Trails Regional Tourism – Best of the Old Trails gift bag
- Precious Moments in Carthage – Precious Moments Items
- Rolla Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center – Rolla Basket with Makeup & Fashion Accessories – value $150
- Sedalia Convention & Visitors Bureau – Sedalia Gift Basket – Value $100
- Sight & Sound Theatre – Four tickets to Sight & Sound Theatre
- Washington Area Chamber of Commerce – Basket of goodies from Washington, MO
Also featuring –
- Bodyworks Day Spa will be offering $10 chair massages, complimentary bareMinerals makeovers and a “spa store”