Published: Aug 6, 2021
Senior Appreciation Day, Aug 18
Fairgoers can enjoy “Our Missouri Celebration” at the 119th Missouri State Fair and celebrate Senior Appreciation Day sponsored by The Sedalia Democrat on Wednesday, Aug. 18! Fairgoers can receive $2 off adult and senior gate admission with a special front page sticker available on the Aug. 18 issue of The Sedalia Democrat newspaper.
Check out just a few of the many events happening this day:
• Day of Dancing from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall
• Senior activities from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. in the Mathewson Exhibition Center
• Missouri Stock Antique Classic Tractor Pull at 1 p.m. in the State Fair Arena
• Antique Classic Tractor Pull at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the State Fair Arena.
• Old & Wow Tractor & Equipment Show, sponsored by Crown Power & Equipment, at 9 a.m., northeast of the Mathewson Exhibition Center
• Parade of Tractors & Equipment at 2 p.m., northeast of the Mathewson Exhibition Center
• Livestock shows and competitive exhibits including Red Angus, Rabbits, Sheep, Draft Horse Sled Pull and Federated Garden Clubs Show
• Fastest Fingers in Missouri – crochet, knitting and tatting contests in the Home Economics Building
• The Beach Boys with special guest, John Stamos, at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office
LOVE STATE FAIR FOOD? PEPSI WANTS TO PAY YOU TO BE CHIEF FLAVOR OFFICER OF THE MISSOURI STATE FAIR
Pepsi knows that food is a big deal at the fair, but with so many options, it’s challenging to taste it all. So, they’re calling on local fair enthusiasts and food lovers to apply for a chance to become the first-ever Chief Flavor Officer of the Missouri State Fair – the ultimate dream “job” that will reward one lucky Missouri Resident with a special $2,500 cash prize and $500 food stipend to unapologetically celebrate and enjoy all of the flavor that the fair has to offer.
Now through August 9, 2021, Missourians can apply at CFOMissouri.com for a chance to be deemed Chief Flavor Officer of this year’s Missouri State Fair. To enter, applicants must answer seven questions proving their State Fair and local food credentials. Missouri’s first Chief Flavor Officer will be selected based on their unapologetic passion for local food, their state pride and overall originality. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Hop on a State Fair Tram
Sponsored by Ag-Power and Sydenstricker Nobbe Partners, Official Equipment Providers
Biodiesel, sponsored by Missouri Soybean Association
Tram service is free for transportation to and from parking areas for all, and 50 cents per ride inside the Fairgrounds. Trams are FREE for seniors (60+), sponsored by Bothwell Regional Health Center. Seniors can pick up a free tram ride sticker every day in the Senior Lounge, sponsored by AT&T and Nabholz Construction.
Finally, thanks to the Missouri Soybean Association and their checkoff, fairgoers of all ages can enjoy free tram rides all day on Monday, Aug. 16 in honor of Farm Family Day! Missouri Soybean also provides the biodiesel to fuel our tram tractors during the Fair.
Come on out, catch a ride and enjoy “Our Missouri Celebration” at the 2021 Missouri State Fair!