Published: August 18, 2021
Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day
Come join the celebration of the 68th Missouri State Fair Governor’s Ham Breakfast at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 19, in the newly-constructed Nucor Director’s Pavilion. This traditional gathering brings together Missouri elected officials, leaders in agriculture and supporters of the Missouri State Fair from across the state and is the kick-off to Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day at the Fair.
Tickets to the Breakfast are $50 and include admission to the Fair for the day. It is recommended to purchase tickets in advance to ensure availability. Tickets may be purchased online or at the State Fair Box Office. While supplies last, tickets may also be purchased at the Breakfast on Aug. 19, with payments of cash or check accepted.
Thursday, Aug. 19 is also Throwback Thursday, sponsored by Buckle Up Phone Down. Gate admission is $5 for all fairgoers age 13 and over and children 12 and under are free. Throwback specials will also be offered by various concessions stands and vendors on the grounds.
Some highlights of the day include:
• Missouri First Lady’s Pie Contest, sponsored by Starline Brass and Missouri Grown, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Home Economics Building.
• Free Entertainment across the Fairgrounds including: Puppies of Penzance and the Flyin’ Hawaiian on the Kids Stage, sponsored by your local McDonalds; The Chipper Experience! Where Comedy and Magic Collide! and Hard Days Night at the Touchstone Energy Stage; Virginia Tichenor and Dixie Union on the Ditzfeld Stage; Sea Lion Splash, sponsored by AOK RVs, and Scott’s World of Magic Show.
• Missouri Homegrown Singer Semi-Finals, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, at 4 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
• Garden Tractor Mini Rod & Truck Pull at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the State Fair Arena: free admission (no ticket required).
• Missouri Travel Alliance’s Tourism Trade Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall, showcasing the best of the best from communities across the state.
• Enjoy a sampling of locally crafted beverages at the Missouri Wine and Missouri Craft Beer Tasting from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Wristbands for the tasting are available beginning at 11 a.m. at MTA’s Booth in the Assembly Hall, while supplies last.
• Livestock shows including Miniature Hereford, Dairy Steers, Commercial Dairy Cattle, the No Limits P.I.G. Show, 4-H/FFA Swine Showmanship and the 4-H/FFA Youth Breeding Rabbit Show.
• Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, honoring Burt Ewing of Lee’s Summit, at 6 p.m. near the Centennial ticket booth, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass, and Retrieving Freedom, Inc.
• Rhonda Vincent & The Rage with Leroy Van Dyke at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available for purchase online and at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, while supplies last.
Follow Us On Social Media
We’re on day seven of the Missouri State Fair and we’re enjoying every bit of it! Find everything you need to know about the 2021 Missouri State Fair by following us on our social media platforms! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram , Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube be in the know about upcoming events at your Missouri State Fair now through Aug 22! You can also follow us on Flickr to see photos for the 2021 Missouri State Fair.