Published: August 2, 2021
Public Camping Line-Up Begins Aug. 6
The Missouri State Fair’s public campground, sponsored by Missouri State Parks, is set to open by 9 am, Friday, Aug. 6. The 60-acre campground is located west of the fairgrounds on Clarendon Road. Unreserved spot rental is $35 per day, per vehicle/unit. There are approximately 150 full hook-up sites available for first-come, first-serve. These spaces are in the white sections and offer 50-amp service. Once the 150 spaces are full, dry camping will be offered.
All types of camping units are accommodated, including tents. Other amenities include three sewage waste dump stations, restrooms, shower facilities and free Wi-Fi, provided by Otelco. Visit the Fair’s website for more information.
Public Camping Line Up Process: The public campground will open by 9 am on Friday, Aug. 6.
- The public camping line up process will not start any earlier than the morning of Friday, Aug. 6.
- Starting at 7 a.m., Friday, Aug. 6, campers will be allowed into the fairgrounds to line up for camping. All campers MUST enter the fairgrounds at the Centennial Gate, or Gate 12, located on 65 Highway. This gate will remain open until 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., campers may enter the campgrounds directly through the main campground entrance on Clarendon Rd.
- Permits will be given to camping units only (motor homes or vehicles pulling campers); other vehicles (without campers) lining up to save a space will not be issued a camping permit.
- Payment may be cash or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express.) Credit card payments will be charged 2% plus $0.50 service charge.
- No campers may be left in the line-up area unattended.
- The public campground will open by 9 am, Friday, Aug. 6, and campers will be accepted in the order of their permit number.
- To expedite the process, campers are encouraged to have their form of payment ready and to also download and fill out the emergency contact form found on the Fair’s website.
Please note – No early line up will be allowed and no early permits will be distributed. In the interest of public safety, the Missouri State Fair reserves the right to start allowing campers into the public campground prior to 9 am, Friday, Aug 6, in the order of their permit number.
More information, including a map of the camping line up route, can be found on the State Fair website.
Join Us at the Fair on Thursday, Aug. 19
Governor’s, Legislators’ & Judges’ Day
Join the celebration of the 68th Missouri State Fair Governor’s Ham Breakfast. This traditional gathering brings together Missouri elected officials, leaders in agriculture and supporters of the Missouri State Fair from across the state and is the kick-off to Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day at the Fair. The Breakfast begins at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 19, in the newly-constructed NUCOR Director’s Pavilion.
Tickets to the Breakfast are $50 and include admission to the Fair for the day. It is recommended to purchase tickets in advance to ensure availability. Tickets may be purchased online or at the State Fair Box Office. While supplies last, tickets may also be purchased at the Breakfast on Aug. 19, with payments of cash or check accepted.
Aug. 19 is also Throwback Thursday, sponsored by Buckle Up Phone Down. Gate admission is $5 for all fairgoers ages 13 and over and children 12 and under are free. Throwback specials will also be offered by various concessions stands and vendors on the grounds.
Some highlights of the day include:
- Missouri First Lady’s Pie Contest, sponsored by Starline Brass and Missouri Grown, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Home Economics Building.
- Free Entertainment across the Fairgrounds including: Puppies of Penzance and the Flyin’ Hawaiian on the Kids Stage, sponsored by your local McDonalds; The Chipper Experience! Where Comedy and Magic Collide! and Forever Simon and Garfunkel at the Touchstone Energy Stage; Virginia Tichenor and Dixie Union on the Ditzfeld Stage; Sea Lion Splash, sponsored by AOK RVs, and Scott’s World of Magic Show.
- Missouri Homegrown Singer Semi-Finals, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, at 4 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
- Garden Tractor Mini Rod & Truck Pull at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the State Fair Arena: free admission (no ticket required).
- Livestock shows including Miniature Hereford, Dairy Steers, Commercial Dairy Cattle, the No Limits P.I.G. Show, 4-H/FFA Swine Showmanship and the 4-H/FFA Youth Breeding Rabbit Show.
- Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, honoring Burt Ewing of Lee’s Summit, at 6 p.m. near the Centennial ticket booth, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass, and Retrieving Freedom, Inc.
- Rhonda Vincent & The Rage with Leroy Van Dyke at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available for purchase online and at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, while supplies last.