Governor’s, Legislators’ & Judges Day
Come join the tradition of the Missouri State Fair Governor’s Ham Breakfast starting at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 17, in the Nucor Director’s Pavilion. This traditional gathering brings together Missouri elected officials, leaders in agriculture and supporters of the Missouri State Fair from across the state and is the kick-off to Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day, sponsored by Buckle Up Phone Down.
Tickets for the Governor’s Ham Breakfast are $50 and include Fair admission for Aug. 17. There are a very limited quantity of breakfast tickets left for purchase. While supplies last, tickets may be purchased online or at the State Fair Box Office. Once sold out, standing room only tickets will be sold for $20 each. Standing room only tickets will be sold at the tent located outside the Breakfast entrance with payments of cash, check, and credit card accepted.
Additional highlights for Thursday, Aug. 17 include:
- Missouri First Lady’s Pie Contest, sponsored by Starline Brass and Missouri Grown, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Home Economics Building.
- Missouri Travel Alliance (MTA) Leisure Travel Trade Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall. Free Missouri Wine and Missouri Craft Beer Tasting event from 3-4:30 p.m. (wristbands are required and can be picked up from the MTA booth starting at 11 a.m.).
- Livestock shows including Miniature Hereford, Dairy Steers, Commercial Dairy Cattle, Gypsy Horses, Draft Horses, the No Limits P.I.G. Show, 4-H/FFA Swine Showmanship and the 4-H/FFA Youth Breeding Rabbit Show.
- Activities all across the grounds including demonstrations in the 4-H, Conservation, Fine Arts, Home Economics, Floriculture, MEC and Womans Buildings and Mo-Ag Theatre; Wine 101 at the Wine Tent, and more.
- The Budweiser Stage presents Travis Marvin and Cedar Creek, and the day is full of grounds entertainment on the free stages and strolling the grounds including the blacksmith demonstrations, Professor Farquar and Polecat Annie, Ragtime music on the Superior Sleep Stage and the new WOW Water Circus.
- The Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass, and Retrieving Freedom, will honor Jamie Rhodes of Lexington, MO, at 5:30 p.m. by the flagpole located in front of the Historic Administration Building.
- The State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance, will feature Country Comeback Tour featuring Shenandoah, Billy Dean and Wade Hayes. Tickets are available for purchase online and at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, while supplies last.
- The Garden Tractor Mini Rod & Truck Pull will take place at at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the State Fair Arena; the event is free (no ticket required).
Be sure to join in on the fun happening all across the grounds on Be sure to join in on the fun happening all across the grounds on Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day, sponsored by Buckle Up Phone Down.