Come celebrate with us for Youth in Agriculture Day, Saturday, Aug. 20, sponsored by the Missouri Department of Agriculture.
The highlight of Youth in Agriculture Day is the annual Sale of Champions at 1:30 p.m. in the Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall. The Sale of Champions auction event recognizes the accomplishments of young agriculturalists and their top tier livestock projects: Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion steers, barrows, lambs, meat goats, pen of chickens and pen of rabbits from 4-H and FFA livestock shows and hams and bacons. This is an event that you won’t want to miss! Show your support for our youth in agriculture and all their hard work!
Another highly anticipated event on Saturday, Aug. 20 are the Draft Horse Hitches competitions in the Mathewson Exhibition Center. The World-Famous Budweiser Clydesdales will open the show, and the popular Show-Me Classic class will complete the show featuring six-horse hitches entries in the show ring.
Be sure to check out the other fun events happening during your visit on Saturday, Aug. 20:
- Homegrown Singer Contest Semi Final Rounds, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries, USA, at 4 p.m. at the Budweiser Tent.
- Military Flag Retreat Ceremony honoring Glen M. Brock, of Norborne, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass and Retrieving Freedom, at 5:30 p.m. by the flagpole located at the Historic Administration Building.
- Justin Moore with Heath Sanders at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office.
- Bull Riding Competition at 8 p.m. in the State Fair Arena; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office.
- Full lineups of Free Entertainment including pig racing, Magician Randy Kalin, clogging and music on the Ditzfeld Stage and more!
- Livestock shows include beef cattle, equine, dairy cattle, goats and swine.
Visit our website for more information on additional highlights for Youth in Agriculture Day, Aug. 20.