The Missouri State Fair is committed to providing equal access and a pleasant experience to all guests
Electric Scooter and Wheelchair Rentals
Electric scooter and wheelchairs available to rent from Heartz Rentals in advance of the Fair and also on a first-come, first-served basis at the Fair.Call 478-808-3535 / 478-919-5118
Electric Mobility Carts:
4 Hours – $25
8 Hours – $40
All Day – $50
All Day – $15
Two (2) handicap accessible parking lots available through the Main Gate, Gate 11 and the Centennial Gate (off US Highway 65)
Both lots are primarily paved, with overflow areas of solid, well-packed gravel. These lots are marked on the Missouri State Fairgrounds Map and reserved for use by individuals displaying valid license plates and / or placards issued by the State of Missouri to individuals with disabilities.
Parking personnel direct disabled visitors to the closest, most convenient parking spaces
All public buildings on the Fairgrounds are accessible via paved streets or sidewalks. Where there are sidewalks or curbs, they have been appropriately designed to allow access via wheelchair, mobility cart, etc.
Most State Fair buildings occupy a single level. Where needed, elevators or wheelchair lifts are in place. These facilities are located in the following structures:
- Coliseum: Chair Lift
- Fine Arts Building: Elevator
- Floriculture Building: Elevator
- Historic Administration Building: Elevator
- Missouri State Fair Administrative Offices: Elevator
- Mathewson Exhibition Center: Elevator
- Pepsi Grandstand: Elevator
Restrooms in compliance with ADA standards are located in major buildings and areas throughout the Fairgrounds:
- Agriculture Building
- Commercial Building
- East Machinery Area
- Family Fun Center
- FFA Building
- Highway Gardens
- Home Economics Building
- Inner Campground
- Main Gate Handicap Parking Area
- Mathewson Exhibition Center (concourse and floor level)
- Missouri Electric Cooperatives Building
- MO-Ag Theatre
- Pepsi Grandstand
- Rabbit/Poultry Building
- Sheep Pavilion
- Varied Industries Building
- West Machinery Area
These buildings are indicated on the Missouri State Fairgrounds Map. During the Fair, portable toilets are added to high-use areas, of which ten (10) are handicap accessible.
Tram service is offered on the Fairgrounds, including a handicap-accessible tram
Accessible seating areas are reserved in all structures where needed — Mathewson Exhibition Center, Coliseum, and the Pepsi Grandstand
Pepsi Grandstand Ticket Ordering
The Missouri State Fair reserves seating in a number of accessible sections on the track and in the Pepsi Grandstand exclusively for use by individuals with disabilities plus one (1) companion. See the Pepsi Grandstand seating chart for those areas.
These seats may not be purchased by other guests unless/until all the other seats in that price range have been sold. At that point, any unclaimed seats are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Because all track seating is on one level, individuals with disabilities may choose to purchase seats outside the designated accessible seating areas. Before doing so, be aware that concertgoers on the track typically stand and / or dance rather than sit during concerts. The Missouri State Fair does require concertgoers to remain seated in the reserved areas designated as handicap accessible, but cannot guarantee that your view will be unobstructed by other fairgoers when choosing seats outside the designated accessible seating areas.
- The Pepsi Grandstand Track is, as its name implies, a race track. Specifically, a historic, half-mile dirt track. For the most part, its hard surface presents no accessibility challenges, even for concert events held shortly after moderate rain. It’s possible, however, that the track may become muddy following heavy rainfall.
- Accessible seating can be purchased through Ticketmaster online. Click on the “Request Accessible Tickets” icon or by phone at 1-800-796-6776. If ordering using the downloadable Ticket Order Form, please indicate that you need accessible seating on your order.
No pets are allowed on the fairgrounds. Exception: 1) Service animals for persons with disabilities; 2) Police dogs on duty; 3) Trained animals in scheduled performances; 4) Pets entered in scheduled competitions.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Missouri State Fair guests who are deaf and/or hard of hearing can visit www.mcdhh.mo.gov for information/assistance
Suggestions for improvements or additional services are always welcomed by the Missouri State Fair Commission, which strives to make the fairgrounds accessible to everyone. Renovations always comply with ADA guidelines and specifications. Contact the Missouri State Fair with accessibility concerns or questions.
Have questions? Contact us!