Missouri State Fair > Exhibitor Camping
CAMPING RESERVATIONS HAVE CLOSED
2018 LIVESTOCK CAMPING RULES
Camping rules have been updated:
- Camping in the reserved campgrounds is a privilege for our livestock exhibitors and you must show livestock in order to make a reservation and keep your campsite. Violators will be removed from the campgrounds and will forfeit all paid fees, and will be prohibited from making camping reservations in the future.
- Only one campsite per household and/or mailing address.
- Submit completed Camping Form along with payment beginning May 1 – no livestock entry form required.
- Camping Forms must be received by July 25.
- Campgrounds are open 24 hours each day.
- Campground speed limit is 5 mph.
- Camping hang-tag must be visible in camper and/or vehicle at all times.
- The Inner Campground is located north of the Mathewson Exhibition Center and is available to concessionaires, livestock exhibitors and disabled campers on a first-come, first-served basis, according to date received in the Business Office. All spaces will be reserved.
- The Outer Campground is located inside the West Public Campgrounds adjacent to the tunnel and is available to livestock exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis, according to date received in the Business Office. All spaces will be reserved.
- The Sheep Campground is located near the Sheep Pavilion and is available to livestock exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis, according to date received in the Business Office.
- The Beef Campground is located near the Cattle Barns and is available to livestock exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis, according to date received in the Business Office. These sites have water and electricity only. All spaces will be reserved.
- The Beef Cattle Dry Camping (No Hookups) is also located near the Cattle Barns, in the tie-out area and available for tents or RVs; however, no hookups will be provided. ALL campers in the tie-out area must pay for camping.
- The Disabled Campground is located in the east end of the Inner Campgrounds and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A disabled license number or a doctor’s letter must accompany the request or it will be denied.
- Only one vehicle per campsite will be allowed. Limited additional parking may be available. Violators will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- No overflow or discharge to the ground will be permitted from any vehicle.
- Re-selling or subletting a campsite will not be permitted. Violators will be removed from the campgrounds and will forfeit all paid fees.
- No coolers with alcoholic beverages will be allowed inside the inner gates of the Fairgrounds.
- Pets must stay inside your paid camping area and be on a leash at all times. Be kind and clean up after your pet.
- No excessive noise is allowed. Violators will be removed from the campgrounds and will forfeit camping fees and privileges.
- All persons shall comply with all lawful instructions of the campgrounds staff or any police/security officer.
- No refunds for campsites.
- Tampering with utilities is prohibited. Opening, modifying or otherwise tampering with electric pedestals or other utilities will result in expulsion from the campground with no reimbursement of fees or expenses. Additionally, commercial exhibitors not complying with this rule may not be offered contract renewals for the following year. Competitive exhibitors may also be subject to loss of premiums or other penalties as outlined in the Fair’s General Rules.
LIVESTOCK EXHIBITOR CAMPING FAQ:
- Who is eligible for livestock exhibitor camping? Individuals who are registered for exhibiting livestock at the 2018 State Fair. One campsite per household and/or mailing address is allowed.
- How do I register for livestock exhibitor camping? Submit a camping form via fax along with payment beginning May 1.
- When will the form be available? Starting at 9 am, May 1, 2018.
- Where will the form be available? On the State Fair website – exhibitor camping page.
- How do I submit the form after I fill it out? Forms can be faxed to the numbers at the top of the form.
- How can I pay? Credit card – Mastercard, Visa and Discover accepted
- Am I guaranteed a camping spot in the livestock campground(s) if I submit a form? Not necessarily. Camping spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis and do typically fill fast.
- What are the livestock camping locations that I can choose from when I submit the camping form? There are six options to choose on the form – Inner, Outer, Sheep, Beef, Beef Dry and Disabled
- What are the prices for those locations? Inner, Outer, Sheep and Disabled are $30 per night; Beef and Beef Dry are $22 per night.
- If I don’t get a spot what happens? A State Fair staff member will reach out to you via the email you list on the form regarding your options.
- How do you choose who gets a spot? Spots are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis using the time stamp on the fax machine.
- If I had a spot last year am I guaranteed a spot this year? No – spaces in the livestock camping area are not reserved from year to year.
- How many livestock exhibitor camping spots are there? There are 564 livestock exhibitor camping spots available between the various camping areas.
- Are all the spots full service? The inner, outer, and sheep camping areas offer full service (water, sewer, electric) hook-ups. The beef campground offers water and electric only.
LIVESTOCK EXHIBITOR CAMPING AREAS OPEN AUGUST 5, 2018
Click here for campground locations.
Absolutely no coolers with alcoholic beverages will be allowed within the inner gates of the fairgrounds.
FREE EMAIL/ SMS TEXT MESSAGING SERVICE
Receive text message updates on weather and other public safety concerns
The Missouri State Fair offers a voluntary email and SMS/text messaging service through GovDelivery. This service is made available to help keep fairgoers informed about public safety, such as possible updates of inclement weather, that could arise during the Missouri State Fair, Aug. 9-19. Messages are for informational purposes only and do not replace other warnings or directives in an emergency situation. There is no fee for this service, but individual cell phone text service charges do apply.
Two ways to sign up:
- Visit bit.ly/1XYTLbQ and sign up for the email and/or SMS/text messaging options.
- Smart phone users can scan the QR code below to sign up. Choose email and/or SMS/text messaging options.