YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE
Watch the video to see how Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn
valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard
work and perseverance.
Youth in Agriculture highlights the important contributions that youth and farm families make to Missouri. Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard work and perseverance.
2014 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE DANCE
9 p.m. – Midnight, Friday, Aug 9, Youth Building Cafeteria
For Missouri State Fair Exhibitors and their Friends (Jr. High & High School Age)
2014 SALE OF CHAMPIONS
Listen live from the following
KMMO AM 1300
KMZU FM 100.7 – Live remote broadcasts throughout the Sale
2013 SALE OF CHAMPION RESULTS
- Grand Champion Steer, exhibited by Kayla Morrow of Nevada, was purchased by Briarwood Angus Farm, Dr. Curtis and Ann Long of Butler and Edward Jones and Associates, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $22,500. The steer was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
- Reserve Grand Champion Steer, exhibited by Mackenzie Mawson of Archie, was purchased by ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec and Missouri State Fair Concessionaires and Commercial Exhibitors, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $16,000.
- Grand Champion Barrow, exhibited by Abbe Gibson of Eagleville, was purchased by BTC Bank with locations in Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg, Chillicothe and Lamoni, IA and Oram Seed Company of Gilman City, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $19,000. The barrow was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Reserve Grand Champion Barrow, exhibited by Mackenzie Mawson of Archie, was purchased by the Monsanto Company, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $16,000. The barrow was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team and the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Grand Champion Market Lamb, exhibited by Bryce Schmidt of Maryville, was purchased by the Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation of Chillicothe, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $19,000. The lamb was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Fund.
- Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb, exhibited by Tyler Jenkins of Marshall, was purchased by the University of Missouri-Columbia Independent Aggies, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $12,000.
- Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits, exhibited by Kristina Nadler of New Melle, was purchased by the Martin Family and the Missouri State Rabbit Producers, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $5,200. The pen was donated to the Missouri Food Bank Association.
- Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits, exhibited by Jullian Alkire of Dawn, was purchased by MFA Incorporated of Columbia and the Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $6,000. The pen was donated to the Missouri Food Bank Association.
- Grand Champion Meat Goat, exhibited by Carter Ward of Plattsburg, was purchased by Heimer and Associates of Quincy, IL, Heimer Hampshires of Taylor and the Missouri Meat Goat Producers Association, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $5,200.
- Reserve Grand Champion Meat Goat, exhibited by Gage Porter of Mercer, was purchased by DuPont Pioneer and supporting Pioneer sales professionals, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $4,000. The Boer goat was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Grand Champion Pen of Chickens, exhibited by Hannah Bruse of Princeton, was purchased by the University of Missouri-Columbia Sigma Alpha Sorority, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $2,800. The pen was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Chickens, exhibited by Vivian Buie of Marshall, was purchased by RIBUS, Inc. of St. Louis and Wheeler Auctions and Real Estate of Paris, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $2,200. The pen was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Limited Edition State Fair Commemorative Belt Buckle was purchased by Briarwood Angus Farm, Dr. Curtis and Ann Long of Butler for $2,000.
2013 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS$2,500 SUPREME SCHOLARSHIP
Sponsored by Sydenstricker John Deere of Missouri/Sydenstricker Angus Genetics
Julie Crouch, Lincoln
THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED $1,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
Megan Abel, Marthasville
Kelsey Almond, New Boston
Jillian Sarah Bertz, Mayview
Bryana Lyn Binkley, Jefferson City
Rachael Bonacker, Cedar Hill
Julie Choate, Pleasant Hope
Mikayla Elizabeth Engeman, Montrose
Jaime Erickson, Keytesville
Jason Michael Francka, Brighton
Tyler Joshua Gerke, Smithton
Erin D. Greeley, Hopkins
Amanda Hampton, Nelson
Rebecca Helton, Macon
Marissa Darlene Herring, Saint Joseph
Ellen Jackson, Miller
Cavin Joesting, Rock Port
Clara Knipp, Tipton
James Auburn Lasater, Elsberry
Carson Luther, Lawson
Samantha Nicole Marre, Elsberry
Brittney McBride, Centralia
Haylee Reid, Owensville
MaKayla Reynolds, Huntsville
Lindsey Robinson, Wellsville
Alyssa Rockers, Carthage
Timothy Russell, Warrensburg
John G. Schenkel, Maryville
Taylor Strain, Rolla
Rebekah Temte, Verona
Clayton Thompson, Lohman
Blaire Todd, Helena
Sara Van Ausdal, Troy
Ashlee Waddell, Curryville
Chance Wait, Moundville
Morgan Walkup, Gower
Katelyn Lorraine Wansing, Marshall
Elizabeth Warren, Dawn
2013 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE SUPPORTERS
($2,000 and up)
Briarwood Angus Farm (Dr. Curtis & Ann Long), Butler, MO–BTC Bank-Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg & Chillicothe, MO; and Lamoni, IA–Edward Jones & Associates (Roger Bennett, Trenton; Shane Adrian, Moberly; Ryan Beumer, Marshall; Michael Bode, Shelbina; Jim Bonderer, Chillicothe; Alan Brandt, Warrensburg; Kevin Brown, Bowling Green; David Clapp, Mexico; Darren Collier, Carthage; Diane Dudenhoeffer, Marshall; Ann Echelmeier, Columbia; Joe Fluty, Sedalia; Bill Fretwell, Columbia; Patrick Goodknight, Joplin; Doug Hammer, Independence; Mark Harrison, Chillicothe; Tom Hissink, Nevada; Bill Hudson, Kansas City; Shannon Isaacson, Macon; Cliff Jones, Independence; Alan Kimbel, Warrenton; Paul Kissick, Kirksville; Adam Kliethermes, Independence; Mark Kliethermes, Independence; Matt Kueny, Boonville; J. R. Lawless, Columbia; Rich Lawson, Warrensburg; Matt Logan, Pleasant Hill; Lon Luckert, Brookfield; Mark Matthews, St. Joseph; Virgil McDonald, Sedalia; Cole Merrill, Cameron; Matt Peiter, Boonville; Bill Phillips, Ozark; David Reid, Higginsville; Lance Reynolds, Boonville; Mark Saunders, Monroe City; Dennis Sieger, Clinton; Carl Simpson, Butler; John Skinner, Blue Springs; Doug Turnbough, Odessa; Brian Yarbrough, Excelsior Springs; George Morse, Harrisonville)–DuPont Pioneer & Supporting Pioneer Sales Professionals: Rick Aspegren, Chris Blumhorst, Tony & Toodie Brackman, Matt & Katie Close, Gary & Teresa Curtis, Guinn Agronomy Services LLC, Mike Hanson, Clark & Rachelle Heman, Ed Hesse, Kennedy’s Seed Center, Rob Koll, Rick Rainey, Chad Reid, Pleasant Valley Farms/Rick Ridge, Rosier Ag Services LLC, David Thomas, Bill & John Thompson–FCS Financial–Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation–MFA Incorporated Charitable Foundation–Missouri Department of Agriculture “Friends of Agriculture” Golf Tournament–Missouri State Fair Concessionaires & Commercial Exhibitors (Allen Dennis Concessions, Inc.; Brick Front Grill; Budweiser Stage/Mark’s Brothers; Chuck & Dee’s; Cowboy Shop; Creamy Rich; Exclusive Home Products; Jackson’s Smokehouse, LLC; Kim-Laine Concessions; McKinney Food Services; McKinney’s Fried Chicken; N D P Enterprise; Shallow Concessions; Specialty Products; Tim McKinney Food Service; Timberline Traders; Truck’s Place; Versa Products; Webster Products; Westmoreland Concessions)–Missouri State Fair Foundation–Monsanto Company–MU Independent Aggies–RIBUS, Inc.–Sydenstricker John Deere of Missouri/Sydenstricker Angus Genetics
PLATINUM Hometown Supporters
Purina Honor Show Chow
River Valley Ag Services, LLC
($1,000 – $1,999)
ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec–Ag-Power, Inc.–American Family Insurance–Heimer & Associates–Heimer Hampshires–Kitchen Craft–Missouri Beef Industry Council–Missouri Cattlemen’s Association–Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture–Missouri Meat Goat Producers Association (Gallatin Truck & Tractor, North MO & Southeast MO Goat Producers, Bob & Louise Reasoner, Terry Implement Company)–Missouri Pork Association–Missouri Soybean Programs–Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association–MU Sigma Alpha Sorority–Starline Brass–Wayne Stowers Consortium (Ameristar Casino/Hotel, Kansas City; Chuck Drury, Drury Hotels)–Sharon & Kent Topliff–US Bank–WEB & Sons, Inc.–Wheeler Auctions & Real Estate
GOLD Hometown Supporters
ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec–Martin Family (Nathan & Susan Martin, Paul & Sharon Martin, Phillip & Heather Martin, Brian Martin, Lance Martin, Neal Martin, Elaine Martin, Tom & Nancy Nelson, Ronnie Backhaus, Steve Nadler)–Michaelis Construction, Inc.–Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association–Rob Russell
Bob Vandiver Cattle Company–Circle A Ranch–Glengrove Farm–HSP Marketing–JK Country Cousins Catering–Kent Nutrition Group, Inc.–Alan & Sue King–KMMO Radio–KMZU/KRLI Radio–Live Auctions TV–Mead Livestock Services-Larry & Kathy Mead–Mid-America Biofuels–Mid-Missouri Agents of Farmers Insurance & Financial Services (Becky James Agency, Bloemke Insurance & Financial Services, Crawford Insurance Company, Linda Tanner Insurance Agency, Edward Reed, The Mayfield Group, LLC)–Midwest Dairy Association–Missouri Angus Association–Missouri Sheep Merchandising Council–Missouri Sheep Producers–Missouri Wine & Grape Board–Mizzou Meat Market–Oram Seed Company–Pearl’s Pics – Pearl Walthall–Pepsi of Sedalia/Pepsico–Scot’s Hay & Bedding–Wilson Trailer Sales of Missouri
SILVER Hometown Supporters
4K Farms, Inc.–Adrian Bank–American Family Insurance–Andrew Spire Construction–BASF–Jake & Erin Ellis–First National Bank of Carrollton–Gage’s Fertilizer & Grain/Mycogen-Bethany–Goretska Show Steers–Maryville Vet Clinic–Missouri Charolais Breeders Association–Oram Seed Company–Putnam County State Bank-Milan–Riley Farms (Tim & April Riley)–Rohrig Yorks and Show Pigs–Shipshewana Auction and Flea Market–St. Charles County Fair–Supreme Trailer Sales/Cimarron Trailers–Team Sloan Livestock–Tom’s Agspray of Lineville & DeKalb/Asgrow Seed–United Producers–WC Charolais–West Central Ag Services
A&W Seeds–Ag Management Systems, Inc.–▬American Bank of Missouri-Wellsville–Association of MO Electric Cooperatives–Matt, Jennifer, David & Hannah Boatright–Boggs Audio–Leon & Pam Busdieker–Cargill Turkey Production LLC–Central MO AgriService–Chillicothe FFA Alumni–Chillicothe FFA Chapter–Clayton Agri-Marketing–Corbin Steel–DeHaan Livestock–Don’s Truck Towing–Dwayne & Laurie Dothage–Ben & Darla Eggers–Exchange Bank of Missouri-Slater–Gasconade County Fair Association–Gateway Golf Cars–Green’s Welding & Sales–Gunther Salt Company–Clay & Dana Haynes–Scott & Jeana Heidtbrink–Heiman Herefords–Bob & Pam Idel–Isle of Capri Casino/Hotel-Boonville–Dr. Jack Magruder–Julie Mattson–MFA Cooperative Assn. #130-Rhineland–Missouri Farmer Today/Iowa Farmer Today–Lowell & JoAnn Mohler–Murphy Cattle Company–NeCo Seeds–POET Bio-Refinery (Laddonia)–Jean Riffle–Riggins R-Co., LLC–Rugen’s Rabbits–Show-Me Shortline Co., LLC–Team Sloan Livestock–Bud & Kim Summers–Dr. Helen Swartz–Vehige Enterprises, Inc./ADM Alliance Nutrition–W. B. Young Company–Mel & Debbie Willard–Mike, Cheri & Colton Williams–Ron & Sandra Wolf–Mark & Julie Wolfe–Wayne, Karen & Shannon Yokley–Zeitlow Distributing Co.
BRONZE Hometown Supporters
4B Livestock, Scott & Tammy Adam & Family–Abele Cattle Company–John & Marquita Adams–Ag-Power, Inc.–Agri-Tech Aviation, Inc.–Agriland FS, Inc.–Alvin’s Heating & Cooling–Avalon Busy Bees 4-H Club–Howard & Marsella Baker Insurance Agency–Barker Implement–Bartholomew Farms–Beemer Muffler and Saye Machine Shop–Rusty & Karie Black–Blumhorst Veterinary Hospital–Boedeker Construction–Jerry & Tammy Brundage–BTC Bank, Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg & Chillicothe, MO; and Lamoni, IA–Burns Farms Custom Lime Spreading–Butterfield & Assoc. Grain of Meadville, MO–Cainsville Medical Clinic–Rick, Rosemary & Rachel Carlson–Central Eastern Missouri Rabbit Breeders Assn.–Central Missouri AgriService, LLC–Chillicothe FFA Alumni–Chillicothe State Bank–Citizens Bank & Trust, Chillicothe–Claypool Land & Cattle–Clemens Circle C Farms–Clinton L. Allen Monuments–Community Bank of Marshall–Cooke Used Parts & Equipment–Creative Stitches–Cubbage Feeds–Curtis Show Pigs–Custom Door–D Tone Feed and Tire–Jeffrey Dalbey–Derek Davis–John & Linda Davis–Davis Livestock, Will & Susan Davis–Deerfield Cattle Company–DQ Precision Planting & Tillage–Diane Dudenhoeffer, Edward Jones–Elmer Hare Ford–Exchange Bank of Missouri, Slater–Family Eyecare, Sedalia–Farm Insurance Solutions, LLC–Farmers Grain Terminal, LLC–FCS Financial, Maryville–FCS Financial, O’Fallon–Federal Mogul–Feeser Genetics–First Missouri Bank, Blythedale–Gibson Show Pigs/ Gibson Farms–Cindy Gilliland–Grand River Livestock Market–Graves Cattle Company–Green Plains Grain–Hale Lumber Company of Hale, MO–Hardee’s, Inc., Lake St. Louis–Harold Dugdale Charitable Trust, US Bank Trustee–Hartley Farms–Heritage Tractor–Hicks Cattle Company–Larry & Earlene Hicks–Ronald L. Hinton, DDS–Hoffman Reed & Purina Mills, Trenton–Kevin G. Hudson, CPA–Humeston Livestock Auction, Inc.–Matt Huston, Wood & Huston Bank–Investors National Bank, Chillicothe–Jacksons, LLC, Correy Jackson–Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation–John Rector Motors–Jones Brothers Livestock–Todd & Chrissy Jones & Family–KMMO, Marshall–Koch-Stigge Vet Clinic–Kurzweil Irrigation–Laborer’s Union Local 660, St. Charles–Edward Lake–Lautner Farms–Lewis Hybrids/Steve Schmidt–Scott & Stacy Liebhart, ABS NW MO Rep–Lindley Funeral Home–Lineville MFA–Livingston County 4-H & FFA Fair–Livingston County 4-H Council–David Maasdam, Ray-Carroll Insurance Agent–Malta Bend FFA Supporters–Marshall-Monsanto Soybean Production–Mawson Farms–Mawson Feed & Seed–Jayla, Brian & Kollin McGary–Mercer County Title Company–MFA AgriServices of Hale–MFA AgriServices of Maryville–Mid-Missouri Energy–Mo-Kan Livestock Market, Inc.–Moore Farm Supply–Mr. D’s Smokeshop & Liquor–Murphy-Brown, LLC–Nodaway County Fair Board–Nodaway County Farm Bureau–Nodaway Valley Bank, Maryville–North Harrison FFA Chapter–Northwest Missouri Cellular–Nutrition Services, LLC–O’Dell Farms, Inc.–Orrick Farm Service–Ottmann Show Steers–Padgett Brothers Excavating–Pauldingville 4-H Club–Pettijohn Auto Center–Pierson Farms–Pitman Funeral Home–Prairie View Farm–Recreation Wholesale–Greg & Deana Reger–Riggin’s–Ronnie Russell Farms–Russell & Sons Excavating, Inc.–Saline County Title Company–Schmidt Farms–Silver Spur Salers–Sims Feed & Supply–Sims Show Pigs–Stan Snyder, DMD–Spencer Orthodontics–St. Charles County 4-H Rabbit Project–St. Joseph Stockyards–Stiens Grain & Livestock–Stine Seed/Lance Seeds–Strough Construction–T & R Soil Service of Chillicothe–Bob Teegarden–Thompson Hills Vet Clinic–Tiger Country Charolais–Tina-Avalon FFA Chapter–Trans Ova Genetics–United County Twaddle Realty–United Electric Cooperative, Inc.–Vandiver Farms–Wal-Mart SuperCenter, Maryville–David & Sandy Walker–Gary & Shirley Watson–WB Young–Weber Seeds, Inc.–Weed’s Greenhouse–Weigand Feed & Grain–Jim & Bev Whorton–Williams Shorthorn Cattle–Williams Show Lambs–Chris Wilson, Mid-MO Energy–Wood & Huston Bank, Marshall–Woodruff Arnold, Inc.–Wynnland 71
Visit www.moyouthinag.org for more information about Missouri State Fair Youth in Agriculture.