YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE
Watch the video to see how Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn
valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard
work and perseverance.
Youth in Agriculture highlights the important contributions that youth and farm families make to Missouri. Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard work and perseverance.
2014 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE DANCE
9 p.m. – Midnight, Friday, Aug 9, Youth Building Cafeteria
For Missouri State Fair Exhibitors and their Friends (Jr. High & High School Age)
Click here for more information
2014 SALE OF CHAMPIONS
1:30 p.m. Saturday, August 16, Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall
2014 SALE OF CHAMPION RESULTS
Watch the entire Sale of Champions video at the link, courtesy of Missouri Farm Bureau.
• Grand Champion Barrow was exhibited by Trey Porter of California. Trey’s 268-pound Crossbred hog was purchased for $20,500 by Monsanto & The Climate Corporation, Wheeler Auctions and Real Estate of Paris, MO; Missouri State Fair Concessionaires and Commercial Exhibitors including: Allen Dennis Concessions, Inc.; Brick Front Grill; Brown’s Fudge Shop; Budweiser Stage/Mark’s Brothers; Buffalo Bill’s; Chuck & Dee’s; Creamy Rich; Exclusive Home Products; Jackson’s Smokehouse, LLC; Kim-Laine Concessions; Meadowlark Arts; McKinney Food Services; NDP Enterprise; Shallow Concessions; Signs by L & J; Specialty Products; Versa Enterprises; Walker Enterprises; Webster Enterprises; and Westmoreland Concessions; along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The barrow was donated to the Missouri State Fair Employee Association.
• Grand Champion Market Lamb was exhibited by Bryce Schmidt, of Maryville. Bryce’s lamb was purchased for a record sale price of $19,100 by BTC Bank of Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg, Chillicothe, & Carrollton, MO & Lamoni, IA; the Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation of Chillicothe, along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The lamb was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Fund.
• Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits was exhibited by Alexandra Gast of Nevada. Alexandra’s Californian rabbits weighed an average of 4.6 pounds. Her pen of rabbits was purchased by the University of Missouri-Columbia Sigma Alpha Sorority, along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters for $4,000. The rabbits were donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
• Grand Champion Pen of Chickens was exhibited by Simeon Buie, of Marshall. Simeon’s broilers weighed an average of 5.95 pounds and were purchased by Subway in memory of Art DeJaynes, Boggs Audio along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters for $2,400. The birds were donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
• Grand Champion Meat Goat was exhibited by Spencer Scotten of Nevada. Spencer’s Boer goat weighed 95 pounds and was purchased for $7,000 by ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec, Truck’s Place and Little Truck’s Place on the State Fairgrounds, the Dairy Bar at Cole Camp, MO, along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. Spencer’s lamb was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
• Reserve Grand Champion Steer was exhibited by Grace Riley, of Pleasant Hill. Grace’s 1,280-pound Crossbred steer was purchased for a record $34,500 by R. D. Offutt Company of Fargo, ND along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. Grace’s steer was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia’s football team.
• Reserve Grand Champion Barrow was exhibited by Ashlyn Richardson, of Lincoln. Ashlyn’s 293-pound Crossbred barrow was purchased for $16,000 by the Windsor Livestock Auction, along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters.
• Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb was exhibited by John Schenkel, of Maryville. John’s Hampshire lamb weighed 139 pounds and was purchased for a record price of $12,500 by Purina Animal Nutrition/Honor Show Chow, DuPont Pioneer and these supporting Pioneer sales professionals: Bill & John Thompson, Blumhorst Seeds,Inc., Bobby Hall Seed LLC, Brad Rischer, Clark & Rachelle Heman, Clayton McElwain, CR Seeds & Services LLC/Cory & Stacey Robinson, David Thomas & Jerod Ledgerwood, Ed Hesse, Gary & Teresa Curtis, Greg Sharpe, Jon Robnett, Kennedy’s Seed Center, Kevin & Lora Shireman, Matt & Katie Close, Mike Hanson, Pleasant Valley Farms/Rick & Jackie Ridge, Rick & Vickie Rainey, Rick Aspegren, Rob Koll, Rosier Ag Service LLC, Scott’s Farm Service, Tony & Toodie Brackman. Additional funds were also contributed by Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The lamb was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Fund.
• Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits was exhibited by Grace Eversole of Rocheport. Grace’s New Zealand rabbits weighed an average of 4.86 pounds and sold for $4,500 to the Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association, Christensen Homes/Brian Christensen of Columbia, MO, along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The rabbits were donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
• Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Chickens was exhibited by Simeon Buie, of Marshall. Simeon’s broilers weighed an average of 6.44 pounds and sold for $1,600 to MFA Incorporated, RIBUS, Inc., of St. Louis; along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The pen of birds was donated to the Missouri Food Bank Association.
• Reserve Grand Champion Meat Goat was exhibited by Skyler Scotten, of Nevada. Skyler’s goat weighed 85 pounds and sold for $5,000 to Heimer Hampshires/Jesse & Amy Heimer of Taylor, MO; Heimer & Associates, Quincy, IL along with Youth in Agriculture and hometown supporters. The Boer goat was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
• Limited Edition State Fair Commemorative Belt Buckle, was purchased by Gary Riley, Riley Farms of Marshall, MO for $2,500.
2013 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS$2,500 SUPREME SCHOLARSHIP
Sponsored by Sydenstricker John Deere of Missouri/Sydenstricker Angus Genetics
Julie Crouch, Lincoln
THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED $1,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
Megan Abel, Marthasville
Kelsey Almond, New Boston
Jillian Sarah Bertz, Mayview
Bryana Lyn Binkley, Jefferson City
Rachael Bonacker, Cedar Hill
Julie Choate, Pleasant Hope
Mikayla Elizabeth Engeman, Montrose
Jaime Erickson, Keytesville
Jason Michael Francka, Brighton
Tyler Joshua Gerke, Smithton
Erin D. Greeley, Hopkins
Amanda Hampton, Nelson
Rebecca Helton, Macon
Marissa Darlene Herring, Saint Joseph
Ellen Jackson, Miller
Cavin Joesting, Rock Port
Clara Knipp, Tipton
James Auburn Lasater, Elsberry
Carson Luther, Lawson
Samantha Nicole Marre, Elsberry
Brittney McBride, Centralia
Haylee Reid, Owensville
MaKayla Reynolds, Huntsville
Lindsey Robinson, Wellsville
Alyssa Rockers, Carthage
Timothy Russell, Warrensburg
John G. Schenkel, Maryville
Taylor Strain, Rolla
Rebekah Temte, Verona
Clayton Thompson, Lohman
Blaire Todd, Helena
Sara Van Ausdal, Troy
Ashlee Waddell, Curryville
Chance Wait, Moundville
Morgan Walkup, Gower
Katelyn Lorraine Wansing, Marshall
Elizabeth Warren, Dawn
2014 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE SUPPORTERS
($2,000 and up)
Briarwood Angus Farm/Dr. Curtis & Ann Long, Butler, MO
BTC Bank-Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg, Chillicothe & Carrollton, MO; and
Edward Jones & Associates: Roger Bennett, Trenton; Shane Adrian, Moberly; Ryan Beumer, Marshall; Michael Bode, Shelbina; Jim Bonderer, Chillicothe; Alan Brandt, Warrensburg; Kevin Brown, Bowling Green; Darren Collier, Carthage; Stan Davis, Clinton; Diane Dudenhoeffer, Marshall; Ann Echelmeier, Columbia; Tim Erickson, Bolivar; Joe Fluty, Sedalia; Bill Fretwell, Columbia; Patrick Goodknight, Joplin; Doug Hammer, Independence; Mark Harrison, Chillicothe; Tom Hissink, Nevada; Bill Hudson, Kansas City; Shannon Isaacson, Macon; Cliff Jones, Independence; Alan Kimbel, Warrenton; Paul Kissick, Kirksville; Adam Kliethermes, Independence; Mark Kliethermes, Independence; Matt Kueny, Boonville; J. R. Lawless, Columbia; Rich Lawson, Warrensburg; Matt Logan, Pleasant Hill; Lon Luckert, Brookfield; Mark Matthews, St. Joseph; Virgil McDonald, Sedalia; Cole Merrill, Cameron; Matt Peiter, Boonville; Bill Phillips, Ozark; David Reid, Higginsville; Lance Reynolds, Boonville; Mark Saunders, Monroe City; Dennis Sieger, Clinton; Carl Simpson, Butler; John Skinner, Blue Springs; Doug Turnbough, Odessa; Brian Yarbrough, Excelsior Springs; George Morse, Harrisonville
DuPont Pioneer & these Supporting Pioneer Sales Professionals: Bill & John Thompson, Blumhorst Seeds,Inc., Bobby Hall Seed LLC, Brad Rischer, Clark & Rachelle Heman, Clayton McElwain, CR Seeds & Services LLC/Cory & Stacey Robinson, David Thomas & Jerod Ledgerwood, Ed Hesse, Gary & Teresa Curtis, Greg Sharpe, Jon Robnett, Kennedy’s Seed Center, Kevin & Lora Shireman, Matt & Katie Close, Mike Hanson, Pleasant Valley Farms/Rick & Jackie Ridge, Rick & Vickie Rainey, Rick Aspegren, Rob Koll, Rosier Ag Service LLC, Scott’s Farm Service, Tony & Toodie Brackman
Farmers Insurance Group & Mid-Missouri Agents/Garach Smith
Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation
MFA Incorporated Charitable Foundation
Missouri Department of Agriculture “Friends of Agriculture” Golf Tournament
Missouri State Fair Concessionaires & Commercial Exhibitors: Allen Dennis Concessions, Inc.; Brick Front Grill; Brown’s Fudge Shop; Budweiser Stage/Mark’s Brothers; Buffalo Bill’s; Chuck & Dee’s; Creamy Rich; Exclusive Home Products; Jackson’s Smokehouse, LLC; Kim-Laine Concessions; Meadowlark Arts; McKinney Food Services; NDP Enterprise; Shallow Concessions; Signs by L & J; Specialty Products; Versa Enterprises; Walker Enterprises; Webster Enterprises; and Westmoreland Concessions
Missouri State Fair Foundation
Monsanto and The Climate Corporation
MU Independent Aggies
MU Sigma Alpha Sorority
Riley Farms-Gary Riley
Subway in Memory of Art DeJaynes
Sydenstricker John Deere of Missouri/Sydenstricker Angus Genetics
PLATINUM Hometown Supporters
R. D. Offutt Company-Fargo, ND
ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec
Central Missouri AgriService, LLC
Christensen Homes/Brian Christensen, Columbia, MO
Heritage State Bank-Nevada
Purina Animal Nutrition/Honor Show Chow
River Valley Ag Services
ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec
Ag Power, Inc.
Boggs Audio/Brian Boggs
Grassland Beef, LLC
Heimer & Associates, Quincy, IL
Kingsville Livestock Auction
Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture
Missouri Pork Association
Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association
Sharon & Kent Topliff
Truck’s Place and Little Truck’s Place on the State Fairgrounds;
and the Dairy Bar at Cole Camp, MO
WEB & Sons, Inc.
Wheeler Auctions & Real Estate
GOLD Hometown Supporters
Drs. Mason & Kathryn Bell
Community Point Bank-Russellville
Goretska Show Steers
Heimer Hampshires/Jesse & Amy Heimer, Taylor, MO
Midwest Fertilizer/Purina Animal Nutrition
Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association
O’Malley Implement-Pittsburg, KS
Pittsburg Ford-Pittsburg, KS
Riley Farms-Gary & Cheryl Riley
Windsor Livestock Auction
AgriServices of Brunswick, LLC
American Family Insurance
Circle A Ranch
Foxx Equipment Company
Judging Pro/Chip Kemp
Kent Nutrition Group, Inc.
Alan & Sue King
Live Auctions TV/Brad Fahrmeier
Mead Livestock Services/Larry & Kathy Mead
Midwest Dairy Association
Missouri Angus Association
Missouri Sheep Merchandising Council
Missouri Sheep Producers
Missouri Wine & Grape Board
Mizzou Meat Market
Pearl’s Pics/Pearl Walthall
Pepsi of Sedalia/Pepsico
Scot’s Hay & Bedding
Wilson Trailer Sales of MO
SILVER Hometown Supporters
Andrew Spire Construction
Conklin Company, Inc.
Jake, Erin & Avery Ellis
Farmers Bank of Lincoln
Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri-Bethany
Farmers Grain Terminal, LLC
FCS Financial-Matt Staley
Kent Nutrition Group
Lathrop Construction/Jack & Sarah Lathrop
Greg & Janice Martin
Maryville Vet Clinic
Kevin Morrow Show Steers
Mycogen Seeds/Dee Marriott Sales
Vanhove Cattle Co.
Ag Management Systems, Inc.
Association of MO Electric Cooperatives
Cargill Turkey Production LLC
Chillicothe FFA Alumni
Chillicothe FFA Chapter
Crop Insurance-FCS Financial
Jeff & Michelle Dalby
Don’s Truck Towing
Ben & Darla Eggers
Exchange Bank of Missouri-Slater
Gallatin Truck & Tractor
Gasconade County Fair Association
Gateway Golf Cars
Green’s Welding & Sales
Gunther Salt Company
Catherine Hanaway for Governor
Clay & Dana Haynes
Scott & Jeana Heidtbrink
Gary & Patty Heldt
Honey Creek Valley Farm/Ed & Judy Ehrhardt
Bob & Pam Idel
Dr. Jack Magruder
Maplewood Acres Farm/Matt, Jennifer, David & Hannah Boatright
Miller County Regional Stockyards
Missouri Beef Cattleman, Inc.
Missouri Farmer Today/Iowa Farmer Today
Murphy Cattle Company/Brent & DeEtta Murphy
Murphy-Brown of Missouri
Riggins R-Co., LLC
Elizabeth & Mark Schlueter
Show-Me Shortline Co., LLC
Team Sloan Livestock
Bud & Kim Summers
Terry Implement Company
Tractor Supply Company
Vandiver Farms, Inc.
Vehige Enterprises, Inc./ADM Alliance Nutrition
W. B. Young Company
Mel & Debbie Willard
Mike, Cheri & Colton Williams
Ron & Sandra Wolf
Wayne, Karen & Shannon Yokley
Zeitlow Distributing Co.
BRONZE Hometown Supporters
5-Star Tire & Automotive
Alcantara Veterinarian Hospital
Allen Ready Mix Concrete
American Family Insurance-California, MO
Steve & Tammy Bartholomew
Beemer Muffler & Saye Machine Shop
Bryant Motors-Sedalia, MO
Burgher Haus-California, MO
Clinton L. Allen Monuments
Consumers Oil Company of Maryville
Crown Power of Eldon
Curtis Show Pigs
Double A Limousin
Eldon FFA Alumni
Eldon FFA Chapter
Farm Talk Newspaper
FCS Financial-Chad McCollough
Foley Equipment Company-St. Joseph/John Ryan & Travis Gentry
Bill Foster, Contractor & Builder
Frazee’s RV Sales
Brant Harvey, MO Farm Bureau Agent
Heiman Home, Farm & Lumber
Isenhower Lumber Co.
Carl Johnson-MO Farm Bureau Insurance
Joplin Regional Stockyards
Koch/Stigge Veterinary Clinic
Lamar Travel Plaza
Lamar Truck & Tire
Terrill, Dana & Tyler Lane
Leaders Trucking-Charlie & Joe Leaders
Lewis Hybrids-Ron Slayden
Scott & Staci Liebhart/ABS NW MO Rep
Lincoln Family Medicine-Dr. Donald K. Allcorn
Marsh, Espey & Riggs, CPA
Marshall Monsanto Soybean Production
Jayla, Brian & Kollin McGary
Nick & Shelby Mertz
Nodaway County Cattlemen’s Association
Nodaway County Fair Board
Nodaway County Farm Bureau
Nodaway County Livestock Awards Committee
Nodaway Veterinary Clinic
Northwest Missouri State University-University Relations
Northwest Technical School FFA
O’Bannon Family (Kevin & Marilyn, Jay, Jessi & Braylin, Jeff, Lisa & Kade)
Orsheln Farm & Home-Maryville
Jerry & Charlene Porter
Porter O’Bannon Show Pigs
Ray-Carroll County Grain Growers, Inc.
Riley Farms-Tim & April Riley
Rischer Seed Sales, Inc.
Robbins Lightning, Inc.
Robert Taylor Insurance
Russell & Sons Excavating
Schenkel Farms, Inc.
John L. & Sue Schenkel
Schulte Cattle Co.
Signs By L & J
SMB Investment Services
St. Joseph Stockyards
Stiens Grain & Livestock
Summa Implement Co.
Team Sloan Livestock
United Electric Cooperative
United Producers, Inc.
Vernon County Youth Fair Board
James W. Whan, Attorney
Wiss Cattle Company
Ryan & Julie Wiss
Wood & Huston Bank-Marshall
Ziegler Ag Equipment-Chillicothe, Marshall & Maryville