YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE
Available for 4-H and FFA members
Deadline to Enter is Feb. 1, 2014
Missouri State Fair officials administer the scholarships financially and an appointed committee is responsible for the selection of the winners.
The above guidelines may be modified annually.
Watch the video to see how Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn
valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard
work and perseverance.
Youth in Agriculture highlights the important contributions that youth and farm families make to Missouri. Young people involved in Youth in Agriculture learn valuable lessons in leadership, economics and the tried-and-true ethics of hard work and perseverance.
2013 SALE OF CHAMPION RESULTS
- Grand Champion Steer, exhibited by Kayla Morrow of Nevada, was purchased by Briarwood Angus Farm, Dr. Curtis and Ann Long of Butler and Edward Jones and Associates, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $22,500. The steer was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team.
- Reserve Grand Champion Steer, exhibited Mackenzie Mawson of Archie, was purchased by ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec and Missouri State Fair Concessionaires and Commercial Exhibitors, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $16,000.
- Grand Champion Barrow, exhibited by Abbe Gibson of Eagleville, was purchased by BTC Bank with locations in Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg, Chillicothe and Lamoni, IA and Oram Seed Company of Gilman City, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $19,000. The barrow was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Reserve Grand Champion Barrow, Mackenzie Mawson of Archie, was purchased by the Monsanto Company, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $16,000. The barrow was donated to the University of Missouri-Columbia Livestock Judging Team and the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Grand Champion Market Lamb, Bryce Schmidt of Maryville, was purchased by the Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation of Chillicothe, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $19,000. The lamb was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Fund.
- Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb, exhibited by Tyler Jenkins of Marshall, was purchased by the University of Missouri-Columbia Independent Aggies, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $12,000.
- Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits, exhibited by Kristina Nadler of New Melle, was purchased by the Martin Family and the Missouri State Rabbit Producers, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $5,200. The pen was donated to the Missouri Food Bank Association.
- Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Meat Rabbits, exhibited by Jullian Alkire of Dawn, was purchased by MFA Incorporated of Columbia and the Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $6,000. The pen was donated to the Missouri Food Bank Association.
- Grand Champion Meat Goat, exhibited by Carter Ward of Plattsburg, was purchased by Heimer and Associates of Quincy, IL, Heimer Hampshires of Taylor and the Missouri Meat Goat Producers Association, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $5,200.
- Reserve Grand Champion Meat Goat, exhibited by Gage Porter of Mercer, was purchased by DuPont Pioneer and supporting Pioneer sales professionals, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $4,000. The Boer goat was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Grand Champion Pen of Chickens, exhibited by Hannah Bruse of Princeton, was purchased by the University of Missouri-Columbia Sigma Alpha Sorority, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $2,800. The pen was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Chickens, exhibited by Vivian Buie of Marshall, was purchased by RIBUS, Inc. of St. Louis and Wheeler Auctions and Real Estate of Paris, along with YIA and hometown supporters for $2,200. The pen was donated to the Missouri FFA Leadership Foundation.
- Limited Edition State Fair Commemorative Belt Buckle was purchased by Briarwood Angus Farm, Dr. Curtis and Ann Long of Butler, Brian Boggs, Boggs Audio-Waverly, IL, for $2,000.
2012 YOUTH IN AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED $1,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
Britney Adam, of Lathrop
Haley Alden, of Hamilton
Nathaniel Beach, of Pilot Grove
Jonathan D. Bellis, of Aurora, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Leslie Birkenholz, of Hopkins
Matthew “David” Boatright, of Sedalia
Courtney Jo Brown, of Chillicothe
Tessa Chambers, of Fayette
Cale Comstock, of Deerfield
Jacob Coon, of Bethel
Brittany Eagleburger, of Buffalo
Britton Francis, of Paris
R. Garren Gibson, of Ridgeway
Maggie Glidewell, of Lathrop
Perry Evan Gorrell, of Cole Camp
Jordann Noelle Gregory, of Houstonia
Courtney Hall, of Creighton
Cody G. Hasekamp, of Madison, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Christopher P. Kahlenbeck, of Union, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Tyler Lane, of Saint Catharine
Cyrsten Lollar, of Chillicothe
Miriam Martin, of Bucklin, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Jade Morgan, of Lamar
Ryan Nelson, of Vandalia
Timothy Lee Niemeier, of Marceline
Carlee Phipps, of Lamar
Austin Lee Reedy, of Windsor
Layne Robinson, of Wellsville, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Britney Shields, of LaRussell
Kendra Dawn Stinson, of Prairie Home
Kristen Toedebusch, of Warrenton
Grant Henry Voelker, of Perryville, sponsored by Missouri State Fair Foundation
Taylor Washburn, of Eagleville
McKenna Wilmes, of Silex
Kelly Wilsdorf, of Columbia
Harley Wooldridge, of Carrollton
2013 Missouri State Fair Youth in Agriculture Sponsors
2013 PLATINUM Sponsors ($2,000 and up)
Briarwood Angus Farm (Dr. Curtis & Ann Long), Butler, MO; BTC Bank-Bethany, Gallatin, Albany, Pattonsburg & Chillicothe, MO; and Lamoni, IA; Edward Jones & Associates (Roger Bennett, Trenton; Shane Adrian, Moberly; Ryan Beumer, Marshall; Michael Bode, Shelbina; Jim Bonderer, Chillicothe; Alan Brandt, Warrensburg; Kevin Brown, Bowling Green; David Clapp, Mexico; Darren Collier, Carthage; Diane Dudenhoeffer, Marshall; Ann Echelmeier, Columbia; Joe Fluty, Sedalia; Bill Fretwell, Columbia; Patrick Goodknight, Joplin; Doug Hammer, Independence; Mark Harrison, Chillicothe; Tom Hissink, Nevada; Bill Hudson, Kansas City; Shannon Isaacson, Macon; Cliff Jones, Independence; Alan Kimbel, Warrenton; Paul Kissick, Kirksville; Adam Kliethermes, Independence; Mark Kliethermes, Independence; Matt Kueny, Boonville; J. R. Lawless, Columbia; Rich Lawson, Warrensburg; Matt Logan, Pleasant Hill; Lon Luckert, Brookfield; Mark Matthews, St. Joseph; Virgil McDonald, Sedalia; Cole Merrill, Cameron; Matt Peiter, Boonville; Bill Phillips, Ozark; David Reid, Higginsville; Lance Reynolds, Boonville; Mark Saunders, Monroe City; Dennis Sieger, Clinton; Carl Simpson, Butler; John Skinner, Blue Springs; Doug Turnbough, Odessa; Brian Yarbrough, Excelsior Springs; George Morse, Harrisonville); DuPont Pioneer & Supporting Pioneer Sales Professionals: Rick Aspegren, Chris Blumhorst, Tony & Toodie Brackman, Matt & Katie Close, Gary & Teresa Curtis, Guinn Agronomy Services LLC, Mike Hanson, Clark & Rachelle Heman, Ed Hesse, Kennedy’s Seed Center, Rob Koll, Rick Rainey, Chad Reid, Pleasant Valley Farms/Rick Ridge, Rosier Ag Services LLC, David Thomas, Bill & John Thompson; FCS Financial; Jerry Litton Family Memorial Foundation; MFA ncorporated Charitable Foundation; Missouri Department of Agriculture “Friends of Agriculture” Golf Tournament; Missouri State Fair Concessionaires & Commercial Exhibitors (Allen Dennis Concessions, Inc.; Brick Front Grill; Budweiser Stage/Mark’s Brothers; Chuck & Dee’s; Cowboy Shop; Creamy Rich; Exclusive Home Products; Jackson’s Smokehouse, LLC; Kim-Laine Concessions; McKinney Food Services; McKinney’s Fried Chicken; N D P Enterprise; Shallow Concessions; Specialty Products; Tim McKinney Food Service; Timberline Traders; Truck’s Place; Versa Products; Webster Products; Westmoreland Concessions); Missouri State Fair Foundation; Monsanto Company; MU Independent Aggies; RIBUS, Inc.; Sydenstricker John Deere of Missouri/Sydenstricker Angus Genetics
2013 GOLD Sponsors ($1,000-$1,999)
ADM Alliance Nutrition/MoorMan’s ShowTec; Ag-Power, Inc.; American Family Insurance; Heimer & Associates; Heimer Hampshires; Kitchen Craft; Missouri Beef Industry Council; Missouri Cattlemen’s Association; Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture; Missouri Meat Goat Producers Association (Gallatin Truck & Tractor, North MO & Southeast MO Goat Producers, Bob & Louise Reasoner, Terry Implement Company); Missouri Pork Association; Missouri Soybean Programs; Missouri State Rabbit Producers Association; MU Sigma Alpha Sorority; Starline Brass; Wayne Stowers Consortium (Ameristar Casino/Hotel, Kansas City; Chuck Drury, Drury Hotels); Sharon & Kent Topliff; US Bank; WEB & Sons, Inc.; Wheeler Auctions & Real Estate
2013 SILVER Sponsors ($500-$999)
Bob Vandiver Cattle Company; Circle A Ranch; Glengrove Farm; HSP Marketing; JK Country Cousins Catering; Kent Nutrition Group, Inc.; Alan & Sue King; KMMO Radio; KMZU/KRLI Radio; Live Auctions TV; Mead Livestock Services-Larry & Kathy Mead; Mid-America Biofuels; Mid-Missouri Agents of Farmers Insurance & Financial Services; Midwest Dairy Association; Missouri Angus Association; Missouri Sheep Merchandising Council; Missouri Sheep Producers; Missouri Wine & Grape Board; Mizzou Meat Market; Oram Seed Company; Pearl’s Pics – Pearl Walthall; Pepsi of Sedalia/Pepsico; Wilson Trailer Sales of Missouri
2013 BRONZE Sponsors ($100-$499)
A&W Seeds; Ag Management Systems, Inc.; American Bank of Missouri-Wellsville; Association of MO Electric Cooperatives; Matt, Jennifer, David & Hannah Boatright; Boggs Audio; Leon & Pam Busdieker; Cargill Turkey Production LLC; Central MO AgriService; Chillicothe FFA Alumni; Chillicothe FFA Chapter; Clayton Agri-Marketing; Corbin Steel; DeHaan Livestock; Don’s Truck Towing; Dwayne & Laurie Dothage; Ben & Darla Eggers; Exchange Bank of Missouri-Slater; Gasconade County Fair Association; Gateway Golf Cars; Green’s Welding & Sales; Gunther Salt Company; Clay & Dana Haynes; Scott & Jeana Heidtbrink; Heiman Herefords; Bob & Pam Idel; Isle of Capri Casino/Hotel-Boonville; MFA Cooperative Assn.; #130-Rhineland; Dr. Jack Magruder; Julie Mattson; Missouri Farmer Today/Iowa Farmer Today; Lowell & JoAnn Mohler; Murphy Cattle Company; NeCo Seeds; POET Bio-Refinery (Laddonia); Jean Riffle; Riggins R-Co., LLC; Rugen’s Rabbits; Scot’s Hay & Bedding; Show-Me Shortline Co., LLC; Team Sloan Livestock; Bud & Kim Summers; Dr. Helen Swartz; Vehige Enterprises, Inc./ADM Alliance Nutrition; W. B. Young Company Mel & Debbie Willard; Mike, Cheri & Colton Williams; Ron & Sandra Wolf; Mark & Julie Wolfe; Wayne, Karen & Shannon Yokley; Zeitlow Distributing Co.
Visit www.moyouthinag.org for more information about Missouri State Fair Youth in Agriculture.