Published: August 11, 2021
Advanced Ticket Last Day
Today is the last day to save on admission and carnival tickets for the 2021 Missouri State Fair! Purchase online on the Missouri State Fair website or stop in to your local Break Time Convenience Stores or Orscheln Farm and Home Stores for discounted advance admission and carnival tickets. Prices for discounted admission and carnival tickets and wristbands are as follows; $10 for Advance Adult Admission tickets, $24 for Advance Unlimited Carnival Wristbands and $34 for Advance Unlimited Daily Deals, which include a One Day Unlimited Carnival Wrist Band and Adult Admissions – valued at $47!
Highlights for August 20, Missouri Electric Cooperatives Day
Join “Our Missouri Celebration” at the Missouri State Fair on Friday, Aug. 20 for Missouri Electric Cooperatives Day. Be one of the first 1,500 visitors to the MEC Building on this day and receive a FREE night light. Rural Missouri Magazine will feature a $5 off unlimited carnival ride wristband coupon, valid Aug. 20 only. MEC has some great exhibits planned for their building throughout the Fair including the popular “People From Our Pages.” View the building schedule on our website.
Below are other highlights planned for Friday, Aug. 20:
• Sea Lion Splash, sponsored by AOK RVs west of the Agriculture Building with shows at 1 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.
• Scott’s World of Magic Show at 3 and 8 p.m., located north of the Carnival entrance.
• Great free entertainment including Hard Days Nights and The Chipper Experience! Where Comedy and Magic Collide on the Touchstone Energy Stage and Puppies of Penzance and Flyin’ Hawaiian on the Kids Stage, sponsored by your local McDonald’s.
• Homegrown Singer Contest Semi Final Round, sponsored by Bimbo Bakeries USA, at 4 p.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
• Livestock shows and competitive exhibit contests, including dairy and beef cattle, swine, goats, gypsy horse shows, floriculture and home economics.
• Draft Horse Hitches at 6 p.m. in the Mathewson Exhibition Center.
• Rock-It the Robot, sponsored by Missouri S&T, and Professor Farquar & Polecat Annie strolling the fairgrounds.
• Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass and Retrieving Freedom, at 6 p.m. by the flagpole located near the Highway Patrol Office and Centennial Entrance.
• Colter Wall with Charley Crockett and Tim Montana at 7:30 p.m. in the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office.
• Bull Riding Competition, presented by Area RAM Dealers, at 8 p.m. in the State Fair Arena; tickets available for purchase online or at the State Fair Box Office.
• Dirt Road Addiction performing from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on the Budweiser Stage.
Visit our website for more information on additional highlights for Missouri Electric Cooperatives Day, Friday, Aug. 20.
It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fair Time!
The 2021 Missouri State Fair is gearing up to kick off Thursday, Aug. 12! Tents big and small, concession and vendor stands, the carnival and vendor and exhibit buildings are starting to come to life all around the fairgrounds. Dustgard, sponsored by Scotwood Industries, was applied to the grounds in an effort to prevent dust during “Our Missouri Celebration.” Livestock has started to move into the barns and competitive exhibit buildings are filling up with award-winning entries. It is amazing to see everything come together for Missouri’s largest agricultural expo! See for yourself on our Flickr page.
Fair staff like to say, “It takes a village,” and it sure does. We can’t wait for you to come see it all up and running during the 11 days of the Fair. Be sure to check out the Fair’s website for daily schedules and to plan your trip before you gather for “Our Missouri Celebration” at the 2021 Missouri State Fair, Aug. 12-22, in Sedalia.